Top 7 Reasons to Remodel Your Kitchen
The kitchen is the heart of the home. During household gatherings and events, you will most likely find the majority of guests mingling around the kitchen island. It is important to have that area not only welcoming, but also functional. A dated kitchen is not only unappealing to the eye; there are many other reasons besides looks that provide it beneficial to update. Listed below are the most common reasons homeowners choose to remodel and refresh their kitchen.
1. Add value - Whether you may be looking to put your home on the market in the near future or possibly farther down the road, an updated kitchen brings significant market value to your property.
2. Energy efficient upgrades - Save on your electricity bill by replacing dated appliances and light kits with more energy efficient options. You could also add skylights to provide natural light instead.
3. Modernity - Styles and trends change over time, so refreshing your kitchen to reflect a more modern style can be a great addition. An outdated kitchen can negatively impact the feeling of the home. Also, deterioration in a dated kitchen may cause updating to be more of a necessity.
4. Achieve greater convenience - The layout of your kitchen may not provide as functional as it once was. Updating the layout to fit your lifestyle needs can prove to be a time saver.
5. Easier maintenance - No one wants to spend endless hours cleaning their kitchen. Changing your countertops to a material that is easier to clean, such as quartz, is an example.
6. Children/family - Has your family grown or changed over the years? What once was enough storage may now not make the cut. Adding more cabinetry is an upgrade that will help improve the function of your kitchen for the entire family.
7. Selling home - The kitchen is the main hub of the house. It is a major selling point. A kitchen that updated and well taken care of with functionality is key.
As mentioned, the kitchen is a vital part of the home. It is important for this area to be one that you enjoy to spend time in. At Superior Home Renovations, not only are we are dedicated to quality, but we want you to love the space you are in. Please give us a call to schedule a free in home consultation, and we can help you create the kitchen of your dreams!
-The SHR Team